Sunday, June 30, 2013
Module 3: Activity 2
I
think that reading nonsense words can help struggling students to learn to
crack the code of reading. Reading these words where they can just make the
sound of the letters instead of having to worry if the letter makes that sound
in the word or if it makes another sound. The nonsense words can let the students
sound out the word. This also words good with constant vowel constant words. Sometimes
they are not really words but learning to put those sounds together is a vital
skill that students need to learn. I
think that readers once they have grasped the idea of phonemic awareness they
need to be taught the basic rules of English and the sounds that letters make
in real words. But as I said I think that using nonsense words during the time
that students are learning how to blend is beneficial to the students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment