Module 1 Activity 1
What is cornadic? Emureint grof with many fribs
What does cornadic grank from? Corite
How do garkers excarp the tarances from the corite? Giarcking
the corite and starping it in tranker-clarped storbs.
What does the slorp finally frast? Pragety, blickant
crankle: coranda
What is coranda? Cargurt, grinkling, corandic and borigen
How is the corandic nacerated from the borigen? By means of
loracity
What do garkers finally thrap? Glick, bracht, glupous
grapant, corandic which granks in many starps
I have to say that this was a very
eye-opening assignment. It never occurred to me the frustration that a student must
feel when they have no idea what a reading passage is talking about when they
are trying to read and comprehend a passage. If they have no prior knowledge
then they are more than likely to feel the same way that I did. Reading this
passage was like reading a foreign language when I was trying to understand this.
Many questions and passages like this are in workbooks and standardized tests.
For instance a story about a snow plow may come up on a standardized test but
where I am from students have probably never even seen snow and they would have
no prior knowledge what so ever. As a college student I was able to answer
these questions because I have the skills to know how to find those answers in
the reading and I am able to just copy the answers. I was not able to recall
anything from my reading except that I was very frustrated after reading the
passage. Doing this activity really made me think. The next time that I am
going over a reading passage with my students I am going to make sure that they
have some of the prior knowledge that they need to be able to understand the
passage.
No comments:
Post a Comment